Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager
May 5 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
TRLN will host the Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager (“LMSI I”) workshop, presented by DeEtta Jones and Associates (“DJA”), May 5-7, 2020, in Durham, NC. Registration is now open at the following link: http://bit.ly/lmsi-i-2020. Registration will close on April 6, 2020 or when the institute reaches capacity.
About the Institute
LMSI I is a highly interactive experience that brings together tried-and-true management principles with best practices in libraries. Over 3 days, expert DJA facilitators engage up to 40 participants in case studies, personal reflection, practical application, and group discussions on the following principles and skills that are key to effective management:
- Management in context
- Behavioral styles
- Power dynamics and influencing skills
- Participatory decision making
- The helping relationship
- Coaching for performance
The content is designed to be particularly beneficial for supervisors, department heads, coordinators, managers, administrators, team and project leaders, or anyone interested in growing as a leader or manager. Widely respected across the library profession, all DJA programs are designed with the adult learner in mind and have a strong reputation of equity, diversity, and inclusion; collaborative learning; practical application; and expert facilitation.
For all participants, visits to libraries at Duke, North Carolina Central University (NCCU), North Carolina State University (NCSU), and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-Chapel Hill) may be arranged depending on interest.
Registration and Tuition
The tuition rate for LMSI-I is $1,200. This fee covers all materials for the institute, as well as breakfast and an afternoon snack each day. Slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis until the event cap of 40 participants is met.
All participants are responsible for covering the full cost of travel, lodging, lunch, and evening meals.
Registration is available at the following web page: http://bit.ly/lmsi-i-2020
(Library personnel from TRLN member institutions will be invited by their director, supervisor, or human resources representatives and therefore should not use the above registration link.)
Payment must be made within 7 days of completing the registration form. Registration is not finalized and your place is not held until payment is received.
There are three options for payment:
- Credit card: If you pay by credit card, there is a 2.5% processing fee of $30. Credit card payments of $1230 can be made at https://payments.library.duke.edu/. On the homepage, select “pay for something else.” On the payment form, please note “TRLN event LMSI-I” in the “What are you paying for?” box. You will receive a confirmation email after the payment goes through. Please forward your payment confirmation email to McKenna Lakin, TRLN Program Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check: To arrange payment via check, please contact McKenna Lakin, TRLN Program Administrator, email@example.com.
- Wire Transfer: To arrange payment via wire transfer, please contact McKenna Lakin, TRLN Program Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel and Lodging Details
The LMSI I will be held at the Estes Conference Center (ECC), 1121 Slater Road, Durham, NC 27703 The closest airport is Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), which is about five miles from the ECC.
Numerous hotels and restaurants are within walking distance of ECC.
Questions about this or any other TRLN event may be directed to: email@example.com.