Thursday, October 21, 2021
Register at: https://duke.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qc-ysqDIvHdUf3_lrWIpxWqnTBj8_UmFR.
TRLN is hosting a Solr workshop that seeks to help library staff query our shared Solr index to export data sets for more nuanced analysis.
The workshop will cover these topics:
- Accessing the Solr index for querying via Solr admin or URL
- Overview of the TRLN Discovery Solr schema
- Introduction to Solr parameters
- How to find all IDs
- For example, I want to find all IDs for NCCU and save them locally
- Search by OCLC number
- Search by language
- For example, I want to find the number of documents in Arabic shared across TRLN
- Search by notes
- For example, I want to find all the Solr documents that have the note “From the private library of Naum Korzhavin.”
- Facets in Solr (https://solr.apache.org/guide/6_6/faceting.html)
- Find records in your institution’s ILS, but not in TRLN Discovery
We are still developing the content for this workshop and want your feedback about what you hope to focus on and learn about. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if you have ideas on what we should include in this workshop.